Toccata and Fugue in D(ance) Toccata and Fugue in D(ance)

[Insert Bach related pun]

Very cool idea! I was surprised at how well the piece fit into the whole dance song aesthetic. A few thoughts:

It took a pretty long time for the song to get going. Maybe you kept it long as respect to Bach's masterpiece, but I think two minutes and twenty seconds is too long of an intro to a dance song.

Second, and this is little, the octave jumping stuff around 1 minute sounded a little weird to me. It might be the crappy speakers I'm using, but the low note really stuck out from everything else. Just a small thing I noticed.

Again, very cool idea and good execution!

joethesouleater responds:

yeah i noticed the octave thing too, im going to go in and fix it tomorrow, i kept the intro long mostly because i just love the intro haha. thanks for the review =]

Nostalgia Nostalgia

loved it

i've always had a soft spot for acoustic guitars, and so of course i loved this. i also couldn't help but think that the riff from 24 seconds to 40 seconds would go great with some rock drums. just an idea :-)

badass loop badass loop

decent

I, along with milkman, liked this song but something was bugging me about it. I might be wrong with this, but maybe to fix this leave in the drums when the other synth is playing. you did this towards the end of the loop.

a brief case of (universe A) a brief case of (universe A)

Too all over the place

I'm going to admit that I only listened to the first minute and a half or so, then skipped along through the rest of the song, so my apologies if the ending is a masterpiece. Now, from what I did listen to, the song's main problem was that its simply too all-over-the-place. It sounded like a collection of loops, one after the other, that didn't necessarily compliment the other loops. Oh, and that cowbell is too loud.